The intended audience(s) for our G 2300 Online Instructor Led Course are federal, state, tribal, territorial, local level, business and nongovernmental emergency management personnel who may be designated to support an Emergency Operations Center (EOC) within their jurisdiction or organization. The materials were developed with the assumption that audience members may have little or no actual experience as a member of an EOC Staff.
The audience may include students from a variety of agencies, organizations and functional disciplines, including fire service, law enforcement, emergency management, public works departments, as well as public health organizations, medical emergency teams, and hospitals, businesses and non-governmental organizations
National Incident Management System (NIMS) Emergency Operations Center Functions training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to positions within an EOC or by those persons who desire to seek qualification and certification in an EOC position or function.
G 2300 Emergency Operations Center Functions Training Objectives
- Explain the EOC’s critical link to the other NIMS Command and Coordination Structures.
- Identify EOC staffing solutions by aligning EOC Skillsets to common EOC structures.
- Explain the planning, operational and resourcing functions of the EOC.
- Using a scenario, identify the essential elements of information (EEI) that support EOC decision making and information sharing.
- Using a scenario identify changes in EOC activation level, staffing, resources and information requirements for an expanding incident.
- Identify the role of an EOC during the transition to recovery.
- Explain the location, design, equipment and technology considerations for the EOC.
G Courses that are offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Please, consult with your States Training Officer for any application or certification requirements.
We take standard curriculum and tailor our instruction to the audience, discipline and jurisdiction at hand
We incorporate straight from the headlines information on in all course instruction and exercise facilitation
We deliver training and exercise services by request on short and long range scheduling timelines