This course is based on the guidance to the Federal Executive Branch departments and agencies for developing Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans and Programs. COOP Plans facilitate the performance of essential functions during any situation which may disrupt normal operations. This course provides the skills and knowledge to improve the overall quality and workability of COOP Plans.
Selection Criteria: Participation is open to Federal, State, Local, Territorial, and Tribal government employees responsible for Continuity of Operations (COOP) planning or managing a COOP Program.
- Explain the importance of continuity planning and identify tools and processes for reviewing, assessing, and evaluating continuity plans.
- Identify roles and responsibilities of the continuity planning team.
- Describe how to conduct a risk assessment, Business Process Analysis (BPA), and a Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Describe the essential function identification process.
- Identify continuity strategies to mitigate organizational risks.
- Identify planning considerations and a methodology for developing a continuity plan.
- Review the benefits of conducting Test, Training, and Exercise (TT&E) activities.
- Identify plan maintenance and distribution activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts and strategies for developing, implementing, and updating a continuity plan that adheres to requirements and guidance by passing the final exam with at least a 70%.
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.
We take standard curriculum and tailor our instruction to the audience, discipline and jurisdiction at hand
We incorporate straight from the headlines information on in all course instruction and exercise facilitation
We deliver training and exercise services by request on short and long range scheduling timelines