Selection Criteria: Intended for local emergency managers
- Predict how people in the community may respond to different types of warnings based on certain social factors.
- Develop a hazardous weather warning message based on a specific event and the threat it poses to the community.
- Explain the interlocking sets of activities that work together to form an effective community warning system.
- Propose improvements to a community’s warning system based on identified breakdowns in coordination and communication.
- Develop warning messages for a given scenario that are targeted for delivery by a particular media type.
- Develop a warning coordination and communication strategy for a given scenario.
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.
We take standard curriculum and tailor our instruction to the audience, discipline and jurisdiction at hand
We incorporate straight from the headlines information on in all course instruction and exercise facilitation
We deliver training and exercise services by request on short and long range scheduling timelines