Selection Criteria: Intended for local emergency managers
- Predict how people in the community may respond to different types of warnings based on certain social factors.
- Develop a hazardous weather warning message based on a specific event and the threat it poses to the community.
- Explain the interlocking sets of activities that work together to form an effective community warning system.
- Propose improvements to a community’s warning system based on identified breakdowns in coordination and communication.
- Develop warning messages for a given scenario that are targeted for delivery by a particular media type.
- Develop a warning coordination and communication strategy for a given scenario.
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.