Selection Criteria: The audience for the course will encompass primarily the following professional groups:
- Local emergency managers (i.e., county, city, parish, or other jurisdiction)
- State emergency management personnel
- Voluntary agency representatives
- Private sector emergency managers
- Analyze how the components of weather interact to create hazardous weather.
- Anticipate the impact of hazardous weather events to enhance preparedness.
- Evaluate actions taken by emergency managers to prepare for and respond to actual hazardous weather events.
- Interpret information contained in NWS forecast and warning products and other weather resources.
- Assess your community’s state of readiness for hazardous weather and flooding events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of emergency response actions for a given scenario.
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.