The purpose of this course is to familiarize Senior Officials (executives, elected and appointed officials, city/county managers, agency administrators, etc.) with their role in supporting incident management within the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Selection Criteria: Executives and senior officials, including elected officials, city/county managers, agency administrators, etc.
- Explain the National Incident Management System.
- Explain the NIMS Management Characteristics, the organizational structure of the Incident Command System, and the role of the Command and General Staff.
- Explain the attributes and purpose of Emergency Operations Centers.
- Explain the interconnectivity between the MAC Group, EOCs, the Joint Information System and Incident Command.
- Explain the Senior Official's role in preparedness.
- Emergency Management
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.
We take standard curriculum and tailor our instruction to the audience, discipline and jurisdiction at hand
We incorporate straight from the headlines information on in all course instruction and exercise facilitation
We deliver training and exercise services by request on short and long range scheduling timelines