The purpose of this course is to familiarize Senior Officials (executives, elected and appointed officials, city/county managers, agency administrators, etc.) with their role in supporting incident management within the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Selection Criteria: Executives and senior officials, including elected officials, city/county managers, agency administrators, etc.
- Explain the National Incident Management System.
- Explain the NIMS Management Characteristics, the organizational structure of the Incident Command System, and the role of the Command and General Staff.
- Explain the attributes and purpose of Emergency Operations Centers.
- Explain the interconnectivity between the MAC Group, EOCs, the Joint Information System and Incident Command.
- Explain the Senior Official's role in preparedness.
- Emergency Management
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.