Selection Criteria: This course is designed for emergency management personnel who are involved in developing an effective emergency planning system.
- Describe how recent disasters have changed the way governments at all levels should plan.
- Explain how the Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101 helps state, local, and tribal governments determine and structure their planning requirements.
- Relate emergency planning to National Incident Management System (NIMS) compliance and integration.
- Associate planning principles and concepts to the overall planning process.
- Identify how the steps in the planning process can improve both deliberate and crisis action planning.
- Implement the planning process model for future planning efforts.
- Determine which Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) format is best suited to their jurisdictions.
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.