Selection Criteria: The audience for the course will encompass primarily the following professional groups:
- Local emergency managers (i.e., county, city, parish, or other jurisdiction)
- State emergency management personnel
- Voluntary agency representatives
- Private sector emergency managers
- Analyze how the components of weather interact to create hazardous weather.
- Anticipate the impact of hazardous weather events to enhance preparedness.
- Evaluate actions taken by emergency managers to prepare for and respond to actual hazardous weather events.
- Interpret information contained in NWS forecast and warning products and other weather resources.
- Assess your community’s state of readiness for hazardous weather and flooding events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of emergency response actions for a given scenario.
G Courses offered virtually are in coordination with Colorado DSHSEM / State Training Officer. All Blue Cell lead instructors are State Certified. Participants are welcomed from outside Colorado. Consult with your States Training Officer for any additional application or certification requirements.
We take standard curriculum and tailor our instruction to the audience, discipline and jurisdiction at hand
We incorporate straight from the headlines information on in all course instruction and exercise facilitation
We deliver training and exercise services by request on short and long range scheduling timelines